A holiday can be a lot of fun when you just drive around with no fixed agenda and just go where your whim takes you. Using a car rental service for transportation can be better as it gives you the freedom to have maximum fun and reasonably priced vacation. Nowadays, many tourists and businessmen alike prefer to have their own rental car while travelling and so there are many custom services for car hire in Orlando.
Finding Rent-a-Car Service
A simple search online will give the tourist a lot of choices, but there is hardly any information on how to choose the best. So here are a few pointers specially formulated to give the traveler a guide on hiring cars, especially when you are visiting Orlando.
- For starters, timing is of utmost importance as seen in early bird offers. The price shoots up when you book at the nick of time or even a week ahead as compared to bookings made a month ahead.
- Look out for companies that include the insurance and taxes in the car rental itself. Avoid hiring companies which insist on taking full-empty tank as there is usually no refund for any remaining fuel.
- Find suppliers who allow you the option of choosing full-full tank so that you do not have to pay extra fuel charges.
Many to Choose From
There are many sites which offer cheap rates and an option to compare rates with many other car rental companies in the area. Most of the car suppliers are old hands in the game and so keep a good fleet to choose from. When you arrange for car hire in Orlando make sure that the cars can be picked up from the airport terminal itself to save time and a shuttle trip.
Few Car Rental Websites:
- http://www.rentalcars.com/ – this website compares rates from suppliers such as Alamo, Dollar, Hertz and Thrifty.
- http://www.americacarrental.com – the website compares rates from Budget, Alamo, Dollar, Thrifty, Fox and National car hire in Orlando.
- https://www.economybookings.com/ – This website also pulls some of the best deals from major car suppliers in Orlando.
- http://www.lowfares.com/rentalcars – you can choose the suppliers that you want to hire and then compare the rates.
After hiring the perfect car, it is now time to visit the perfect place in Orlando, namely the Walt Disney World which holds a record for being the most visited place in the world, spread over 25,000 acres of land making it the largest worldwide. Children would also love splashing around in the two water parks inside the theme park – Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.
Children and adults would enjoy a day lazily strolling around the Florida Mall in Orlando, where you will never run out of entertainment and shopping. Every year, the mall sees around 25 million footfalls from all over the world coming to visit the 250 stores. After shopping, the weary traveler can get a nourishing meal from the restaurants and can also arrange for a stay rest in the premises itself. The mall is only a few minutes’ drive from the airport and children would love to start their vacation in one of the most spectacular malls in the world.
There is more to Orlando than just sunshine and fun, and that is why the next place the tourist must check out is the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Learn about NASAs latest exploits, have lunch with an astronaut at the complex, and have an out-of-the-world holiday. There are many exhibits and shows like the Space Shuttle Atlantis, which will be both educational and informative. Drive there with your children and watch them turn into little astronauts.